Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just one of those days

Today is just one of those cold, rainy, days that are perfect for eating soup/stew, and curling up in a chair with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. Either that or work on a project while watching a good chickflic, and drinking hot chocolate. :) I am having trouble makeing myself get up and go clean the apartment, do dishes, and get ready for tonights midterm.
I have been looking forward to the days getting colder so that I would have a good excuse to wear my sweaters, drink hot chocolate, and make more soups/stews. Now, it is finally cold enough that I need a light jacket when I go outside! Well, atleast today is that cold and wet.
Today I have been feeling grateful for my life. I have an amazing husband, who has a good job. We have a roof over our heads, and two working vehicles. We have food in our kitchen, and clothing in our dressers. We have loving, wonderful, family who are allways there for us (and I am not talking about just our blood family members. There are many people who are technically not related to me whom I call family.). I have a strong, healthy body that is one of a kind. I may even be starting to be grateful for the trials that are placed before us. I am truely grateful for this wonderful gift from our Father in Heaven. The gift of life. Sometimes I get so caught up in the running from one place to another that I forget to stop and smell the roses, or to look at the clouds. I get so busy working on projects inside that I forget to enjoy the wonderful sunshine, or the cool night air, or the rainfall. I take so many things for granted. The scriptures tell us that one of the most aweful sins is to withold gratitude from the Lord. So if ingratitude is a major sin, than gratitude must be one of the greatest virtues one can posses. I think it is time for me to slow down, and enjoy this beautiful world that the Lord has given to us. It is time to stop and give thanks for all that I have.

1 comment: