Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was espically fun for me. I got to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner! Zach's parents came up to our apartment for it. Over the next several posts I will share the recepies that I used.

The first course was artichokes dipped in melted garlic butter.
The main course was a Peach Holiday Ham, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Turkey Gravy (this was store bought so I can't share that recepie), Pistachio Pudding, and Hot Rolls (also was store bought...).
Dessert was Pecan Pie, French Silk Pie, Whipped Cream, and Home-made Vanilla Ice Cream.

I started cooking the day before, with all the sweet food. On Thanksgiving Day I did the rest of it. I must admit that I was wishing I was feeding more people, because Zach and I had a big ol' menu planned, than we realized that we were only going to be feeding four people, and we had to cut some really yummy sounding food out of our menu. :-( But it all turned out good anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment