Monday, December 20, 2010

Friendship

I have been contemplating on my friendships, both past and present. I have had many close friends. The Heckendorn's and us Richins' kids played together so often we wore a path between our houses, and we could walk into each other's houses without causing a stir (Brigham went missing one day, and he was found in the Heckendorn's house... they didn't even know he was there) because we were there so often. I spent much time at Emilee Payne's house, or she at mine. Up until they moved, when I was in the first grade, the Hansen's and my family spent tons of time together. Josh and Jennifer Smith were our (Zach's and my) best friends in Safford, and still continue to be.
My cousins have all ways been close to me as well. When it came time for Uncle Jeff and Aunt Denise's family to visit, Kelleen and I were inseparable. I don't know what I would have done with out Lynn Ette, Allen and Hyrum while I lived in Animas. They were pretty much the bestest friends ever.
I have had so many good friends, if I have missed naming any here, please don't be upset with me... know that I love you all very much.
Over the years we have all gone our separate ways. We all developed different hobbies, moved, and such. I have lost track with many of them. I have come to realize how important their friendships' were/are to me, and how much I miss them. I have learned, the hard way, to keep in touch with my friends. It is so hard to try to renew a friendship when you haven't talked for years, and all you know about the other person is what they were like as a kid.
Every time that I think back to growing up with all of them, I get a big smile on my face. I have so many fond memories. I hope to be able to make many more memories with them, and my friends now and friends-to-be. Life is too short to take friends for granted. I am looking forward to getting to know all of my old friends again, whether I have lost touch with them or I am just getting to know them better!

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Thanks for that!! I miss those childhood play days, but also enjoy growing up and remember the fond times we had!

    I love you too!!!!
    Sarah
    ps. you're not the only one that has a hard time keeping in touch... I am sometimes horrible at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that path so much, and don't forget that it wasn't just you children that made that path. I seem to recall walking back and forth on it a few times myself. We are so grateful that God blessed us with your family so many years ago. What a joy it was to share so many wonderful memories with all of you!!! Big hugs from us!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was a wonderful time. :) It is hard to keep up with friendships. People go their different ways, and we fail to keep in touch. Sometimes you have friends that just come in and out of your life and you just pick up where you left of. :D
    Hugs,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete