Friday, March 4, 2011

To do or not to do...

I am starting the search for good, productive hobbies/projects. Thanks to Marquette and Cameron I have a good source to help me with that. They gave Zach and I a book with 101 (I think) hobbies in it. Most of the time I sit at home doing nothing. I have the occasional crochet project, but it isn't something that I work on all the time. Most hobbies that I try I really like when I start them, but then after a while I decide that it isn't for me. Crochet is the only hobby that seems to have stuck, (other than baking, but I have to be careful with how much I bake or we get fat). I have Zach's mission scrapbook to finish, but I have decided that scrap booking just ins't quite for me, just give me a simple, but cute photo album... I like simple jewelry, (a pendant on a chain), so I don't think I would get into beading.

A list of hobbies I would like to try, that Zach and I came up with from the top of our head (our hobby book is at home and I am in Safford right now...):

Genealogy
Gardening
Sewing (see if it is a fun for me as it is for mom)


I would pretty much have to start at the beginning and learn everything for any of those. I know the basics for sewing. I have killed a garden and many other potted plants, so I am starting at the beginning with a Gardening and Landscaping class from EAC. The closest I have come to doing Genealogy in the past was the summer I helped in the Family History Center in Animas, where I kinda started to put together a family tree. I am told Genealogy is very addictive.
Hang on for the ride, I am off on an adventure to find the right hobbies!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, what is a good hobbie. Painting...
    What about learning about herbs? Really looking into it and then applying it to your daily life. That is really interesting.
    Making soaps? Bath salts? Lib balm? Lotion? Makeup? and selling it on Etsy or something. You can be busy and make money!
    Volunteering? Is that a hobby?

    Love you! Becca

    ReplyDelete