Thursday, July 21, 2011

Waiting...

My sister, Diedre, was scheduled to be induced this morning at 7:30. At 8:45ish my mom told me they had just broken her water, she is 4 cm dilated, and 70% effaced. I haven't heard anything else since then... (I am extra interested in all these updates, because I am going to be going through the birthing process in about five weeks myself.) I can't wait to hear how things are going!! AAAHHH!! I'M GONNA BE AN AUNT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the record... Diedre's baby present was finished night before last. It was done before her baby could make his entrance. Now the question is, do I try to mail it, and hope it gets to her before they move, or do I hold it hostage until they come down for a visit on their way to Mississippi in a week or two? It took me a good while to crochet it. I haven't done a blanket quite like this before (this is actually my second full blown crocheted blanket... no fabric all yarn...) so it took me a lot longer than I thought it would. I will post pics of it after Diedre gets it. I don't want to spoil it for her.

2 comments:

  1. I'd just save it and give it to her when they come down. Lately anything I mail (or packages we order online) takes FOREVER to get to it's destination. It would probably show up the day after they left, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how exciting!!!!! I hope you post all about it as soon as you hear!! Wait, you will be busy jumping up and down.. right??? lol!

    Can't wait to see pics of the blanket!

    ReplyDelete