Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beautiful Miracles

Tuesday I woke up at 3 in the morning to my water breaking. We called the our parents and headed into the hospital. 6 hours later Wyler Arthur Hansen was in my arms, wailing his little heart out. He is 7 pounds 7 ounces, and 19 inches long. His head is 14 inches around.

I had started to have very light contractions over the weekend which dialted me to about 6 cm. When my water broke it took a couple minutes for me to have a contraction, and it too was a mild, not quite painful contraction. The no pain contractions ended though with the next one. I was admitted, hooked to the machine for a while, then I got to get into the rocking chair and rock for a good while. Mom Richins showed up about two hours after my water broke, so we got to visit with her. Mom Hansen showed up a couple hours later.

When the time came to push it took only twelve minutes for Wyler to make his appearance. I had been making good progress with pushing when his heart rate dropped. After giving me an oxygen mask, and having me stop pushing for a couple contractions it was decided that he needed a little help making it into the world. They stuck a suction cup on his head, and the next thing I knew he was being laid in my arms. I was able to make it through the whole labor and delivery with the only pain killer that I was given was for when I was stitched back together.








This last picture is of my nephew Erik. Look at the size difference between the two...



3 comments:

  1. OHN CAROLYN!!!! *Squeals* I am so happy for you!!! Wow, that was a very quick delivery!! He is a beautiful baby... now, get some rest and enjoy that precious bundle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, give him lots of hugs and kisses. Paralee and Scott - I AM JEALOUS!!! 2 grandbabies already!!! Oh, how wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Yay!! Yay!!! Yay!!! Yay!!!

    I am so happy for you! I am glad things went pretty smoothly. I agree with Sarah, "enjoy that precious bundle!" Scratch that. "Enjoy that big guy!!!"

    Yay!!

    ReplyDelete