Saturday, September 17, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I have to start out by saying that I love being a Mother! It is so fun to watch Wyler's progress as he grows, and learns. He is ever more alert, and paying close attention to everything. One of the things that makes me smile is that he tries to imitate whom ever he is watching at the time. He will attempt to hold the bottle when he eats, doesn't quite succeed with his little hands, but he will reach up and hold on to it. Night before last Zach was playing with him. They were both on their tummies, and Zach was trying to get Wyler to lift his head, and such. Zach would lift his head, while encouraging Wyler to do so. When Wyler would we'd both cheer him on, which would make him do it again. Then Zach got up on all fours and was talking to Wyler about crawling. Pretty soon Wyler's back legs were making crawling motions, and he was attempting to get his arms under him, it looked like. Even though he obviously can't crawl yet, he was trying to copy his dad, and go through the motions. It is so sweet to watch the two together. (I'd post pics, but all the times that Zach holds Wyler, he is just in his garments, and pajama pants, so he asks that I refrain from getting pics, because he's immodest... it is too bad really, because they are so sweet together.) Every now and then I will get a smile from him while I am smiling at him. But I am afraid it is just a happy coincidence of gas at the same time I am smiling at him....
Yesterday was Wyler's one month birthday. It was celebrated by going to the doctors, then playing at Grandma Darla's work. At birth Wyler was 7 pounds 7 ounces, now he is 9 pounds, and I think the scale said 15 ounces. He started out 19 inches long, and he is now 22 inches long. And instead of his birth size, 14 inch head, he now has a 15 inch head. He is at the 50th percentile, which is where he should be with his weight and such.
I will post pictures of him soon. I just need to get a few more before I do.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh! Can't wait to see some pictures! Tell Zach to put on a bathrobe. :D

    I am so glad you are enjoying it. So, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete