Saturday, December 8, 2012
Today we had our Second Annual Christmas Cookie Exchange. I will be posting all the recipies over on my Cookies 'n Cows blog. We had Chewey Chocolate Chip Cookies, Gingerbread, Scotch Shortbread, Andes Mint Cookies, Reindeer Drops, Hot Cocoa Cookies, a cheese ball, and some penut butter balls dipped in chocolate (once I get the actual name I will update this).
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
My computer has refused to connect to the internet for almost two months. I have been itching to write a post, and catch you all up on our life, but my iPod wouldn't let me. Last night the computer randomly decided to start to cooperate and connect. So here we are, catch up time!
The day after Wyler's birthday we discovered that I am pregnant again! Right now I am about 14.5 weeks (middle of month 3) along. I am due on April 11, 2013. Also about a week and a half after we found out about baby number 2 we learned that I am also dealing with gall stones. Between the two I have had to deal with nausea this time around. I didn't realize how lucky I had been to not have morning sickness with Wyler. We are hoping to baby my gall bladder until after the baby is born to have it removed. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can make it that long...
Wyler and I have been trying to get to the park at least once a week. The fairgrounds recently put in a really nice park. That is covered. With a nice ground cover that isn't sand. Every mother's dream park. Especially since it is in hot Arizona. There have been a couple times that we went, and it was rather hot outside. But once we got under the pavilion covering the park it was the perfect temperature. I will have to get more pictures of it when we go tomorrow. Wyler loves it. It took him about 4 visits to get to where he is walking around and playing. He even tried to interact with the other kids last time we were there. It was a ton of fun.
|He loved the tunnel. Spend a good chunk of time in there.|
|He also discovered that if you cross the sidewalk surrounding the play area you find sand.|
|He loves the steering wheel. He will make the car noises and drive to who knows where.|
|He loves the tunnel, but hasn't figured out how to get out with out sliding onto his face.|
More updates on our life, and pictures to come soon!! (Got to get a boy up from his nap...)
Thursday, August 16, 2012
|Wyler Arthur Hansen|
Born: August 16, 2011
|Blessed on October 2, 2011|
|Dad is one of his favorite people!|
|Bath time has always been a favorite|
October 31, 2011
|Something crazy happens to this kid every time Aunt Marquette comes around|
|Ready for Christmas to get here!|
|Playing with his Christmas toys|
December 25, 2011
|Aunt Nina has the coolest glasses|
|A true boy.... loves his food!|
|Watching Mom paint a book shelf|
|Sitting in Daddy's chair|
|February 25, 2012|
|Books are pretty fun|
|Sitting all by his self!|
|First time swinging|
|French Fries are pretty yummy stuff!|
|"They are sooo weird!!"|
|He knew that there was food all around him. He was in heaven!|
|He loves to eat out.|
|Horse rides are lots of fun!|
|Tool shopping with Daddy|
|Nap time with Grandpa Richins|
|Finger painting in the bath tub|
|Happy Birthday Wyler!!|
1 Year Old
August 16, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00
2. How do you like your steak? Not a big steak fan, but when I do eat steak I like it medium rare.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Avengers
4. What is your favorite TV show? The bestest show is Bones. Can't wait for Netflix to get season 7...
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Somewhere that actually has seasons, and mountains.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Apple and cinnamon Chex
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Hmmm.... either American or Italian
8. What foods do you dislike? It used to be I would say seafood, but I am finding that seafood can be quite good (as long as it is cooked right). I would of also used to say Chinese food, but I am finding I like Chinese too. So maybe I am going to have to say.... Red Hots, Licorice, fruity gum...
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Eat what? American would be Denny's. Mexican would be Casa Manana. Chinese would be Jumbos. Italian would be Olive Garden.
10. Favorite dressing? Ranch
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? A silver Impala
12. What are your favorite clothes? Dressy jeans and a cute top.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? New England.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Depends on the day.
15. Where would you want to retire? The Gila Valley
16. Favorite time of day? 9 am ish.
17. Where were you born? Rio Rancho, New Mexico
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Basketball
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? Well, I'm not tagging anyone really, so everyone?
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? No idea
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Me.
22. Bird watcher? Not really
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night Owl
24. Do you have any pets? I wish.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Sold a truck.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A school bus designer (yellow busses were too boring), bus driver, and teacher all at the same time.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Family vacations, and no I can't narrow it down
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Dog.
29. Are you married? Yep! 3.5 years!
30. Always wear your seat belt? Duh.
31. Been in a car accident? Once in Mesa
32. Any pet peeves? Cupboard doors getting left open.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pepperoni
34. Favorite Flower? Dasiy
35. Favorite ice cream? Vanilla or Cookie Dough
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? A&W
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? I didn't.
38. From whom did you get your last email? Junk mail
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Jo Anne's/Hobby Lobby/Micheals/you get the idea
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Nope
41. Like your job? I love being a Domestic Goddess (that is what was entered as my occupation on our taxes)
42. Broccoli? Sure
43. What was your favorite vacation? Our Nauvoo trip
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Dinner... Zach. Lunch... Mom in law
45. What are you listening to right now? Zach watching Rocky and Wyler crying himself to sleep.
46. What is your favorite color? Blue
47. How many tattoos do you have? None
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? None
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 6:33 PM
50. Coffee Drinker? Nope.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
I thought it would be fun to make some finger paints for Wyler, so that he could have fun getting messy right before his bath. (I got the idea from my sister's blog.) So I found a recipe (see previous post) and made some up. I chose to use the primary colors.
Wyler seemed to like the blue and red the best. Basically ignored the yellow. I think I am going to turn the yellow into green and see what he thinks tomorrow.
|"I'ts squishy in my fingers Mom!"|
|The floor was rather slippery, so it was difficult to crawl|
|This boy thinks he has to be standing and playing with the faucet. Which resulted in the water turning on. Which made the tub so much slipperier. Which pretty much ended the finger painting experience for the day.|