Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mom Let Me Make A Mess!!! Part 1

Today I decided to make up some finger paints for Wyler. I had been looking around online for some a no cook finger paint recipe, and finally found one that I wanted to try.  You mix 2 cups flour to 2 cups cold water until no lumps remain.  Divide into multiple containers, and add food coloring.
Then, thinking of past attempts to get Wyler to color or finger paint, I knew that he would want to just toss the paper aside.  So I let him just paint on his high chair tray.



 Then using a pin from Pinterest (yes this is another Pinterest related post), I decided to help him do some Finger Print-Making.  After smearing the paint around on his tray I laid a pice of paper down on top of the mess art and helped him press it down.  I then lifted the paper and set it aside to dry.  Wyler decided he didn't like this.  He didn't like the fact I was covering up the paint.  As soon as I would lay a  paper down he would pull it back up.  By the time I had done the third piece he decided he had had enough.  The paint didn't taste good at all, and I kept getting in his way (even though I would add more color to his tray after each print).




By the time these had dried the paper had curled quite a bit, but I carefully flattened them and hung them on my refridgerator.

2 comments:

  1. If there are no food allergies to worry about you could do plain or vanilla yogurt dyed different colors then it would taste good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for a baby! I like it.

    ReplyDelete