Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Our start to 2013

So far 2013 has been a pretty good year for us.  Nothing grand or super exciting but good none the less.

Back in January my Grandpa Darrow E Richins passed away.  Though I miss him a lot I feel at peace.  I feel like it was his time to go be with Grandma Ruth again.  His funeral was very well done.  It truly felt more like a celebration of life than a funeral.  Another bonus to it was the impromptu family reunion.
Because of a visit with my cousin Missy after the funeral I decided to go buy me a kitchen scale.  A marvelous investment I would say.

We got a new fridge last Monday!  I love having one in the kitchen again.  And, to top it off it is my dream style too! The fridge is double doors on top, and the freezer is a drawer on the bottom.  So far I am loving the style.

It started to get warm here (according to my car up into the high seventies/low eighties), but then last
Wednesday we got a blizzard warning.  Sure enough it tried to snow here in the Gila Valley.  Since then it has been slowly getting warm again.

Last week my cousin Jennifer came down for a visit.  It was really good to see her again.  We just hung out at the house, since it was cold and Wyler decided to get sick.  But we had a blast despite those things.  Wyler decided he loves Auntie Jenn.  It was playing with her that I saw the first signs of pretend play.  At one point he "opened" a package (something he had pulled off a new DVD  and "fed" them.  Then a while later he initiated quite the conversation through the stuffed animals they had pulled out. He was doing quite the voices for his stuffed animal.  It was pretty fun to watch.  Here are a couple videos of them playing together.  He just had a blast with Auntie Jenn.



As I said Wyler got sick last week.  It turned out to be some sort of virus and an ear infection.  He did such a wonderful job at the doctor though.  He was so brave with the shot and blood draw he had to have.  Though when we went to my doctor appointment yesterday he was not pleased to be back at the doctors office at all.  He was very nervous every time a doctor or nurse even talked to him, took him a while to realize that we were at the doctor for me, not him.

This week my body is trying to come down with what ever the bug is that's going around.  I am fighting it as best I can though.  Trying to convince myself to stay healthy.  Lets see if I can kick this thing in the butt before it completely takes over.  I was laying on the couch yesterday, battling chills when Wyler came over with a Tupperware he had taken from the cupboard, with a too big lid.  He then removed the lid and started to "feed" me.  It was pretty cute, his being so careful to take care of me.

Today is Zach's birthday!  28 years.  Were gonna do pizza and death by chocolate brownies tonight.  Then later this week we might do a steak dinner with his parents.  I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, and all he said was to finish putting his cd's on the computer and bake him something along the lines of death by chocolate brownies.  Nice and simple.  I also bought him some mega stuffed Oreo's see what he thinks of them.

Zach was given a tool allowance at work, so he started to go shopping around online for the tools needs.  He had heard about a site called Tool Topia so he decided to check it out.  He loved it and ordered all the tools he needed for the tool allowance, and most of the were made in the USA (his goal is to buy tools made only in the USA whenever possible, even if they are a touch more expensive).  When the boxes came in last week he literally looked like a little kid on Christmas morning.  Ripping into the boxes, then opening/unwrapping every tool to get an even better look at it.  It was pretty fun to watch him.  He was not too please when he had to take all these nice new tools to work, that he couldn't put them in his own shop here at home.

Well, that has been our life the past two months.  Figured after a ton of posts about pinterest projects it was time to catch you all up on what is going on in the Hansen House.

No comments:

Post a Comment