Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Iron Crafter: Embellish

This latest round of the Iron Crafter challenge was Embellish.

Several months ago I took an old wooden wine box, found at a garage sale a year or two before, and painted it green with a couple white stripes.  However I felt it wasn't done yet, but I didn't know what else it needed.  And I wasn't sure what to use it for.  So it has sat collecting dust until a week ago.


I was searching Pinterest for ideas, and found some great quotes about crafting.  A few minutes later as I was in the garage changing the laundry over I saw the box waiting for me to finish it.  It hit me... There was enough room on the lid for a fun quote and other embellishment along the white lines, that looked like ribbons.  And it was the perfect size, and had three compartments in it, to hold all my ribbon!  Yay!



So I decided on a quote, wrote it on the lid, and then let it sit for a few days trying to decide how else to embellish it.



While digging in my messy craft/storage room I came across some silk daisies.  However I couldn't find my hot glue gun.  I did find the superglue.  That should work out just as well right?  After I placed the flowers where I wanted them I held them in place for about 30 seconds to help them stay where I wanted them while the glue set up.  I pulled back... and the daisies left the box attached to my fingers.  Luckily they came off easily under running water.  I went back to the box, pulled three new blossoms off the stems, and tried again.  Thankfully I didn't attach myself to the project once more.


No comments:

Post a Comment