Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Monthly Mission: February Edition

February came and I realized that I hadn't put any thought into what my Monthly Mission should be until today.

I have been feeling pretty negative for quite awhile.  I have been having trouble seeing the positive things around me.  And it has been having a negative effect on my family.  Zach has been so good about trying to help me to be positive, and have a happy outlook in life.  But up until now I have been too stubborn to realize I needed/wanted to change.

After some thought and prayer, and perusing Pinterest I have become drawn to these quotes:

source

source

source
source

source

If you haven't guessed already my Monthly Mission is to develop an Attitude of Gratitude.

I am going to start a gratitude journal.
I am going to be sure to express gratitude to/for someone/something every day.
For this whole month I am going to avoid posting anything negative on social media.

What do you do to cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude?

4 comments:

  1. I really despise housework and general homemaking. But I'm trying to change that attitude and be more grateful for what we have and to see it as service (because when I'm serving my family, I'm serving God). That's made a huge difference. I'm more grateful for what I have and for my family just by reminding myself that there is no act of service that is too small, insignificant, or menial, because it is serving God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to call my to do lists Love Lists, that way I don't see it as some menial task to be dome, but as a labor of love.

      Delete
    2. I like all of these suggestions!! I have always thought you were such an optimist Carolyn and have often looked up to you for that, maybe you should consider that something you think you are struggling with is actually something others look up to for! Love you!

      Delete