Friday, May 15, 2015

The Colors of my Life

Last summer I skimmed through a Decorating for Dummies book, and decided I HAD to go find the perfect color palette for my home.  I spent the next few days looking at different color palates, trying to create my own.  Nothing seemed quite right.  Then I ran across this:

source
This is the one!

I fell in love with it immediately.

Each time we went to a home improvement store (aka Home Depot or Ace Hardware) I would try to find the paint sample card that most closely matched each shade.  That way I could have it with me, without having to pull out my phone.

Then I put it away and mostly forgot about it for about a year.

One thing I've come to realize over the past year is that I already pretty much do anything I can in blues, greens, and yellows.  Why not just use this as the palette of my life?  I can use it not just for my house, but my blogs, my wardrobe, just about everything...

My favorite color is blue, Zach's is green, not sure what the boys favorite colors are... I think yellow and red, but it changes every day.  So this palette pretty much covers all our favorite colors.  It's perfect.

Or so I thought.

Now I look at it and think it is kinda... well... I don't know.  Something is missing.  It's kinda bland.

Recently I have been seeing very similar palette, but with pops of coral in it.

source
I mean, look how well the coral goes with the blues and yellows... It is the perfect pop of color! And this isn't even the best palette I found.
I am falling in love with coral.  Never thought I would...

I realized that this color palette I fell in love with just needed some sort small of pop.  Like coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment