Monday, February 29, 2016

What I learned from keeping a gratitude journal

A year ago this month I was focusing on gratitude.  To help me I made a gratitude journal.  I got a pretty notebook, every few pages I put a quote or scripture about gratitude.  Then I tried to write in it every day  (and for about a month in middle of the year failed miserably...).


I am a few pages away from finishing this journal.  I wanted to share with you a few things I've learned from my year of recording what I am grateful for.

1. When I am having a bad day (the kids are driving me nuts/someone did something to tick me off/things just aren't going my way) if I force myself to start writing just 3 things I very quickly feel better and end up filling up a whole page or two
2.  This past year has been a hard year for me, and many times I felt picked on by God.  But when I sit down and concentrate on what I'm grateful for I see how much He has given us, and helped us.
3.  I better appreciate the little things.  I don't take as much for granted.
4.  Often it is the little things I am most thankful for.
5. I'm much better at keeping a gratitude journal, with quick bullets and descriptions, than I am at keeping a regular journal.

I have my next journal all set up with quotes and such, and ready to go, and am really excited to continue with focusing on gratitude.

What do you do to help you stay grateful?

No comments:

Post a Comment